Position Title: HSE Manager
- Control of implementation of HSE measures and standards regarding work operations and job positions at Rakita and contractors.
2. Primary activities and tasks include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Defines and provides goals, long term planning, organization, control and necessary improvements of HSE Management System;
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with Occupational Safety and health rules and regulations and national and international standards;
- Prepares studies and analysis of accident causes and hazards to health and environmental for use by project personnel and contractors and makes recommendations to mitigate causes and avoid occurrence;
- Plans, organizes and manages the process of Risk assessment regarding work related injuries, occupational diseases and diseases related to work;
- Creates Risk Assessment Act and keeps it up to date for all new job classification identified in Organisation Chart required to support company growth;
- Organizes and manages the process of HSE planning when there are changes of work process, locations or other various changes that could significantly affect the HSE Management System;
- Creates company policies, standard operating procedures liaising with state regulators to stay abreast of regulatory conditions.
- Makes relevant HSE reports, on the basis of provided and collected data;
- Organizes and orders controls of work instruments and equipment, as well as controls of implementation of mandatory rules and instructions regarding their proper and safe use;
- Organizes and manages periodical checks and tests for equipment, electrical installations, chemical and physical dangers, illumination and microclimate factors in work environment , in cooperation with certified consultants and contractors;
- Organizes, manages and ensures usage of proper personal protective equipment and its adequate maintenance;
- Organizes and manages the process of employee HSE training and education;
- Orders employee assignment to proper work positions, in accordance to medical reports and analysis;
- Organizes and manages investigations of occupational incidents and injuries;
- Reports timely and accurately to his superior and is responsible for data accuracy
- Adhering to ethical principles of the profession, acting in accordance with company policies and procedures;
- Performing other duties within their education as requested by direct supervisor,
- He/she is obliged and responsible, within the scope of his/her work, to implement measures for safe and healthy work in accordance with the safety and health at work, other relevant regulations and the Rules on Safety and Health at Work,
- Observing environmental measures and fire protection within the scope of his/her duties;
- Participating in ensuring the functioning of the quality system in accordance with quality standards.
3. Location and Contract length:
4. Reporting Responsibilities:
This positon reports to Managing Director.
6. Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has supervisory responsibilities
7. Education and/or Experience, Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in HSE or relevant field;
- Professional exam in HSE;
- Certificate for external reviewer, according to OHSAS standard;
- Mining background, underground experience is an advantage;
- Experience with HSE management and implementation for underground construction or major surface construction projects;
- Experience working alongside or with an EPCM organization to deliver superior Health and Safety outcomes for a construction program;
- Demonstrated experience implementing practical HSE services and solutions;
- Excellent English level;
- Excellent computer skills in applicable software.
8. Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent level written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability,
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, and to be adaptable to various competing demands,
- Excellent planning and organization skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn effectively and actively and
- Ability to lead a group of people.
(Some of the following skills and abilities may be acquired through additional training, but the employee must be able to demonstrate the capacity to obtain these requirements before being placed in this position)
NOTE: Interested parties can fill out Job application, which is located bellow this text and send us own CV at email@example.com or bring a printed resume (CV) in person to Info Center of Rakita company (address: Moše Pijade 46/6, across from the House of culture in BOR).